LAS VEGAS, Aug. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today at VMworld® 2011, Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704;TSE: 4704), a Platinum VMworld sponsor and VMware Technology Partner of the Year(1), announced an expanded agreement with VMware that will bring to market a simplified, yet comprehensive and integrated, virtualization security solution. Trend Micro offers a combined package with VMware vShield™, bundling Trend Micro™ Deep Security and agentless anti-malware with VMware vShield Endpoint™ software in a single offering.
Prior to this agreement, customers wishing to leverage a VMware vShield partner capability needed to obtain VMware vShield software separately through VMware. Trend Micro will now be one of the first vendors to provide customers with a simplified licensing, deployment and support experience for integrated VMware vShield Endpoint solutions, available through Trend Micro and joint VMware solution providers.
Under the terms of the new agreement:
- Trend Micro will OEM VMware vShield Endpoint and offer a combined solution with Trend Micro Deep Security, an agentless anti-malware for VMware-virtualized datacenters. Deep Security provides advanced protection for virtualized systems, and the latest version includes agentless anti-malware, together with IDS/IPS, web application protection, firewall, integrity monitoring and log inspection modules.
- The combined solution enhances the existing agentless Trend Micro Deep Security capabilities of anti-malware, firewall, and IDS/IPS by adding new VMware vShield-based file integrity monitoring.
- Customers will receive integrated software and support.
- The agreement will enable Trend Micro channel resellers to sell the bundle to customers looking to maximize their VMware investment, conserve the performance and memory of their servers, and allow them to consolidate more VMs on each server. Trend Micro will provide exclusive support to channel resellers.
A year ago, Trend Micro launched an integrated offering based on newly announced VMware vShield technologies. Hundreds of joint customers have already validated the solution by purchasing the only agentless anti-malware available today to protect hundreds of thousands of server and desktop virtual machines in existing VMware environments. With this new agreement, Trend Micro further expands its security innovation with VMware to provide customer benefits at the channel and procurement level.
Parag Patel, vice president, global strategic alliances, VMware
"VMware customers have benefitted from higher efficiency and consolidation, enhanced protection and seamless compliance since adopting Trend Micro's solutions that leverage VMware vShield™ APIs. With this new agreement, VMware and Trend Micro are tightening the integration of our technologies to deliver a more secure and streamlined customer experience."
Wael Mohamed, senior vice president of business development, Trend Micro
"With this new agreement, Trend Micro extends our relationship with VMware by even more tightly integrating two industry-leading solutions for a combined security package designed for VMware environments. By leveraging VMware vShield Endpoint™, Trend Micro can provide solutions to businesses that want the cost-savings of virtualization but need the protection against sophisticated, targeted attacks."
About Trend Micro Deep Security
Deep Security combines intrusion detection and prevention, firewall, integrity monitoring, log inspection, and agentless anti-malware capabilities to help prevent data breaches and ensure business continuity. This dynamic, centrally managed solution also supports compliance with important standards and regulations such as PCI, FISMA, and HIPAA.
Deep Security leverages the threat intelligence of the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ cloud security infrastructure. This next-generation innovation combines sophisticated cloud-based reputation technologies and the expertise of TrendLabs(SM) researchers to deliver real-time protection from emerging threats.
- Trend Micro recently extended its leadership in virtualization security with a new release of Deep Security 8.0. See press release here.
- In a Tolly Group report, Trend Micro Deep Security with its agentless anti-malware architecture, was observed to be up to 11 times more efficient in the use of key system resources in virtual environments than competing solutions. The report also showed that Deep Security can support over three times the virtual machine density of these solutions. Read the full report here.
- In Network World Magazine's Clear Choice Test in virtualization security ranking, Trend Micro Deep Security was rated first among the five tested virtualization security products. Read the announcement here.
- For more information on Trend Micro's latest innovations in virtualization security, please visit our site here to learn more.
- Visit the Cloud Security Blog for the latest dialogue on where the cloud is headed and what's at stake.
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704;TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers. A pioneer in server security with over 20 years' experience, we deliver top-ranked client, server and cloud-based security that fits our customers' and partners' needs, stops new threats faster, and protects data in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. Powered by the industry-leading Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ cloud computing security infrastructure, our products and services stop threats where they emerge – from the Internet. They are supported by 1,000+ threat intelligence experts around the globe.
Additional information about Trend Micro Incorporated and the products and services are available at Trend Micro.com. This Trend Micro news release and other announcements are available at http://trendmicro.mediaroom.com/ and as part of an RSS feed at www.trendmicro.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @TrendMicro.
VMware, VMware vShield, VMware vShield Endpoint and VMworld are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
(1) Trend Micro named VMware Technology Alliance Partner of the Year in Australia and New Zealand http://trendmicro.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&news_item=882&type=archived&year=2011
SOURCE Trend Micro Incorporated