CUPERTINO, Calif., Aug. 25, 2011 -- "Accelerate Your Journey to the Cloud" will be the Trend Micro theme this year at VMworld® 2011, which takes place August 29 - September 1, 2011 at The Venetian and The Wynn in Las Vegas, NV.
Trend Micro Incorporated, (TYO: 4704; TSE: 4704), a Platinum VMworld sponsor and VMware Technology Partner of the Year (1), will be demoing and discussing a variety of Physical, Virtual and Cloud data center security solutions that maximize efficiency, consolidation, and compliance.
Stop by Trend Micro booth #1039 to learn about the newest innovations Trend Micro will be announcing at the show.
CEO and co-founder Eva Chen will anchor Trend Micro's speaker line-up with a Platinum Super Session SUP1003 "Get Control Over Your Data as You Journey to the Cloud: The Brave New World of Cloud Security in a Data-Centric Universe" on Monday, August 29th at 11:00 a.m.
During the event, Trend Micro speakers will include:
- Harish Agastya, director data center security will present SPO3400 "Agentless Security for VMware Environments – A Report Card on the Past 12 Months and a Crystal Ball for the Future" on Tuesday, August 30th at 1:30 p.m.
- Ryan Holland, senior manager Data Center, will present SPO3954 "Dealing with Data Motility – What to Do When Your Data Decides to Leave?" on Wednesday, August 31st at 9:30 a.m.
- Allan MacPhee, product manager, will participate in the panel session SEC2484 "PCI-DSS Compliant Cloud—Design and Architecture Best Practices" on Monday, August 29th at 12:30 p.m.
- Jeff Jackson, partner and principal at IT consultancy Acumen Technologies, will present a case study on SEC1994 "Omni Companies Case Study—Securing Virtual Servers and Desktops for Financial Customers" on the adoption of Trend Micro and VMware technologies for a custom financial services SaaS solution on Thursday, September 1st at 12:30 p.m.
Trend Micro's latest security solutions designed for VMware platforms will also be highlighted in several additional VMworld venues including VMware Super Session SUP1019 "Securing Your Cloud" on Tuesday, August 30th at 1:30 p.m., and in VMware's self-paced lab HOL 20 "Endpoint Security and Compliance Within Your Environment: Detect, Resolve and Monitor" running throughout the event. In the latter, VMworld attendees can get a hands-on experience of Trend Micro's tight integration and protection with VMware vSphere® and VMware vShield®.
"Trend Micro offers solutions that maximize VM density and ensure compliance with data protection and confidentiality mandates even in very dynamic virtual environments, conferring the confidence to accelerate customers' journey to the cloud," said John Maddison, executive GM, data center business unit. "We are pleased this year to reinforce our partnership with VMware as a strategic partner for security."
VMworld 2011, hosted by VMware, is the leading virtualization and cloud infrastructure event of the year. VMworld 2011 will feature 175 unique breakout sessions and more than 20 lab topics with 18,000 lab seats conducting up to 480 simultaneous lab sessions during the four-day event. VMworld 2011 will spotlight VMware and the IT industry's commitment to virtualization, cloud computing and the transformation to IT as a Service.. For more information about the event, please visit http://www.vmworld.com/community/conference/us/
VMware, VMware vShield, VMware vSphere and VMworld are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
(1) Trend Micro named VMware Technology Alliance Partner of the Year in Australia and New Zealand http://trendmicro.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&news_item=882&type=archived&year=2011
SOURCE Trend Micro Incorporated